My date with Devon was simple and fun, just the way he chose it.
|On our way out the door!|
1. What is your favorite movie? Spiderman
2. What makes you the happiest? Seeing my family
3. What did Jesus do on the cross for you? He loved me
4. Where would you like to go on vacation? Hawaii - you get to see lots of sharks, whales and pirate ships (Gee, I never saw any of those when we went to Hawaii, I feel gypped!)
5. Who is your best friend? Michael and Weston. Oh yeah, and the girls, you know, Emily, Ally, Rylee...
6. What are you most afraid of? Tigers (He said he saw a book of animals and saw that tigers have really big, sharp teeth)
7. What is your favorite thing about yourself? I always try to keep myself clean and handsome. (His daddy sang a different story on this one when I told him.)
8. What is your favorite thing to do at home for fun? Play the Wii, but my dad doesn't let me play a lot but I love it. (He's telling on Josh here, but then I'm not sure he has a Wii at Josh's house.)
9. What is your favorite food? Orange chicken and noodles (no surprise there) and macaroni the way my dad cooks it.
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? a teacher at the YMCA, the same thing that Mr. Steve does (Mr. Steve is his after-school teacher, whom he just loves.)
After the interview he and I were chatting and he was talking about something in the future, when he's an adult. I told him he'd officially be an adult at 18, which surprised him. I asked him where he thought he'd want to live then and he said, "Ohhhh, maybe next to one of my Nana's and Papa's." (He has about 4 sets of Nana's and Papa's.) I said, "Well, that would be nice for them!" And he said, "Yeah." He looks at me out of the corner of his eyes and said, "It might be you..." Well! What an honor if I get chosen! But something tells me that living next to his Nana at 18 years old won't be foremost on his mind! ;)
Next up we went miniature golfing. He was close to choosing going to Chuck E. Cheese to play games but an angel of mercy intervened on my behalf and he chose miniature golf. He wasn't sure what it was really about but he decided he wanted to try it out.
Since it was a Thursday night, very few people were at the park so we had one whole course to ourselves. He started out like a little gentleman, politely hitting the ball, then giving me a turn, rinse and repeat. Until about....the third hole. Then he figured out he wanted his golf ball in the hole first, and it was even better if mine was in the water and he became a maniac golfer at that point! He was so fun to be with, there's nothing better than a giggling little boy!
|Devon during his "polite" golfing|
|And with the evil glint in his eye when he turned on me!|
And our date concluded because, after all, it was a school night.
|Josh with Devon before we left|