Thursday, May 10, 2012

And Last, But Certainly Not Least, Comes Rylee

My date with Rylee was simple, relaxing and fun.  She is a great date.

She had no real expectations except she knew she wanted to have her crab dinner at Red Lobster.  I asked her what she wanted to do after dinner and I expected her to tell me she wanted to go shopping, or feed the ducks, or go to a movie, or...who knows, after all, this IS Rylee.  But when I asked her what she wanted to do after dinner she looked at me like I'd lost my mind and said, "Go home and go to bed!"  Haha!  That would be one easy and cheap date for me!  I asked her if she wanted to go shopping for a little something special, maybe buy a new movie to watch and spend the night at my house??  She said, "OH!  YES!  I DO!"  That girl lives in the moment I guess!


I picked her up and we headed to Red Lobster.  In the lobby we stopped to check out the lobster tank.  There was one really big one trying to "cuddle" up to another lobster.  Rylee told me, "Those lobsters are in looovvve!"  LOL!  We got our dinner on the table she asked the server for more to drink.  When the server brought her more lemonade, she told the server, "You're really, really nice, you know that?"  ;)


This is where I did her interview with the same questions the other kids answered.  So for memory sake, here are her answers:

1.  What is your favorite movie?   Princess and the Pauper

2.  What makes you the happiest?  Going biking

3.  What did Jesus do on the cross for you?  Died.  For us.

4.  Where would you like to go on vacation?  Red Lompster  (Vacationing, just down the street from home!  And all the girls have called Red Lobster "Red Lompster")

5.  Who is your best friend?  Travis.  But I'm not going to listen to Ally and marry him.  Travis says kisses are really yucky.  Too weird!

6.  What are you most afraid of?  A monster  

7.  What is your favorite thing about yourself?  That I really love mommy and daddy

8.  What is your favorite thing to do at home for fun?  Play.

9.  What is your favorite food?  Crab.

10.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  An alien.  I mean dress like an alien.  No, a scientist.





(You have to turn your kid's menu into a hat before you leave, right?)


Just before we left the restaurant, I said, "So...where do you want to shop for something fun?"  She chose Target so we drove just across the road to Target.  As we got into the parking lot, Rylee asked me, "Why are we here?"  Ummm, didn't you just say like 2 minutes ago you wanted to go to Target?  She says, "Oh yeah," and starts giggling.

We were about 20 feet inside the front door of the store and she found her special thing in the dollar section.  She picked it up, said this is what I want and her name is Squishy.   Here's Squishy:



Now, am I wrong, or does this look like a dog toy?  I guess she had the same thought because while we were in Target shopping she asked me if Squishy was a dog toy.  I told her I sure hoped it wasn't!  I kept saying, are you sure that's what you want?  We can go look in the toy department to see what else you might like.  She said, "Okay, but I'm keeping Squishy."  And so she did.  I can't complain, it cost a whole $2.50 and it made her smile.  See?


(Okay, that's kind of a scary smile, but that's what I got when I told her to smile if she loved her new Squishy.)

She picked out Lion King II for her new movie and we headed home.  She wanted popcorn with butter for her snack so I got the popper out for the evening's entertainment. She thinks watching the corn pop is better than Disneyland!  (Well, not really, but close.)


She went to bed with her movie and movie snack, and of course with Squishy right by her side, and konked out for the night as soon as her movie was done.

An easy-peasy and fun date night with just me and Rylee.  Oh yeah, and Squishy too.

1 comments:

Beverly said...

She's hilarious! My goodness, what a kick! :)